In this course, you will learn :
- Learn the fundamentals of Node.js and how to create a simple application in this course.
- Discusses npm, reading and writing files, and Node.js frameworks. He goes over Node.js features like async/await and delves into common web development concepts.
- Node.js employs an event-driven, non-blocking I/O model that is lightweight and efficient, making it ideal for data-intensive real-time applications that run across distributed devices.
- Demonstrates how to create a demo chat app from start to finish.
1. Introduction to Node
- Understanding Node
- Demo application overview
- Download and install Node
- Asynchronous tasks and callbacks
2. Understanding npm: Node Package Manager
- Write your own module
- Manage third-party packages with npm
- What is the package.json file?
3. Reading and Writing Files
- Read from files
- Access directories
- Write to a file
4. Exploring Web Frameworks
- Node.js frameworks
5. Building Your Demo App Chat Client for the Browser
- Static serving with Express
- Create your browser app
- Create a get messages service
- Create a post messages service
- Connect to Socket.io from the browser app
- Create your Socket.io event
6. Exploring Databases
- Types of data frameworks
- Set up MongoDB
- Saving data to MongoDB with Mongoose
7. Improving Asynchronous Code
- Nested callbacks
8. Error Handling and Debugging
- Editor debugging
- Simple test with Jasmine
- Async test with Jasmine
- Introduction to test first development