In this course, you will learn:
- NGINX offers speed unmatched by competitors like Apache, on top of bonus features such as load balancing and HTTP caching.
- Its rising popularity makes NGINX an indispensable skills for web developers, system administrators, and web technologists of all kinds.
- This beginner-level LinkedIn Learning training course shows you how to install and configure NGINX on a Linux machine, and set up the rest of the pieces you need for the complete LEMP web development stack.
- Michael Jenkins also explores the security features of NGINX, such as password authentication, HTTPS, and SSL certificates, and its capabilities as a reverse proxy and load balancer.
- What is NGINX?
- Linux, NGINX, and web technologies
- Comparing NGINX to Apache
- Set up a Sandbox with VirtualBox and Vagrant
- Create a VM with Vagrant
1. Install and Configure NGINX
- Install NGINX on Ubuntu
- NGINX files and directories
- The NGINX command-line interface
- Inside nginx.conf
- Configure a virtual host: Part 1
- Configure a virtual host: Part 2
- Add files to the root directory
- Configure locations
- Configure logs
- Troubleshoot NGINX
2. The Linux, NGINX, MySQL, and PHP Stack
- The LEMP stack
- Install PHP on NGINX
- Install MariaDB on NGINX
- LEMP stack demonstration
3. NGINX Security
- Secure sites with NGINX
- Configure allow and deny directives
- Create a 403 page
- Configure password authentication
- Configure HTTPS
- Create an SSL certificate
- Install an SSL certificate on NGINX
4. Reverse Proxies and Load Balancers
- Reverse proxies and load balancing
- Configure NGINX as a reverse proxy
- Configure NGINX as a load balancer