In this course, you will learn:
- how to fit GitLab into your team's workflow?
- how to set up a GitLab project, edit files, and leverage key features to collaborate more effectively with your teammates.
- how to use the basic GitLab editor to make changes to a file, create a branch and merge requests, and interpret the Git commit history.
- how to use key collaboration features, including Todos, milestones, and issues, a built-in ticketing system for tracking work on your projects.
- Version control and more
- What you should know
1. First Steps with GitLab
- Version control
- Setting up an account on gitlab.com
- Markdown basics
- Your first GitLab project
- Using the GitLab basic editor
- Chapter challenge
2. Work with Version Control
- Creating a branch
- Introduction to the Web IDE
- Staging and committing in the Web IDE
- Create a merge request
- Understanding diffs
- Tags, releases, and history
3. GitLab for Collaboration