In this course, you will learn :
- About lambdas, Java Stream API, Functional Interfaces, and many other new enhancements to Collections, Memory Management, and Date & Time API.
- You will be well-versed in all of Java 8's functionality and ready to use these new features in your own code.
1. Taste of lambdas
- Writing your first lambda
- Java Comparator Using Lambda
- Predicate Functional Interface
- Supplier Functional Interface
- Consumer Functional Interface
- Function Interface
- Unary Operator
- Binary operator
- Capturing lambdas
2. Stream API
- Filtering Operations in Stream
- Mapping Operations in Stream
- Method References
- Optional in Java 8: Part 1
- Optional in Java 8: Part 2
- Slicing Operations in Stream
- Matching Operations in Stream.
- Finding Operations in Stream
- Mutable Reduction Through reduce()
- Collectors: Collection Operations.
- Collectors: Aggregation Operations
- Collectors: Grouping Operations
- Parallel Stream
- Lazy Evaluation in Streams
3. Java 8 Collections Improvements
- Introducing the forEachRemaining() in Iterator.
- Map API Improvements: Fetch Operations
- Map API Improvements: Replace Operations
- Renewed Comparator: Everything You Should Know
4. Java 8 Concurrency API Improvements
- CompletableFuture: Introduction
- CompletableFuture: Processing Results
- CompletableFuture: Chaining
- CompletableFuture: Combining Results of Futures
5. Java Time API
- Limitations of Old Date/Time API
- Period and Duration