In this course, you will learn :
- About the skills required to be an effective virtual system administrator.
- Aout VMware products, how they work, key concepts, and why virtualization is so beneficial for IT professionals in today's hybridised technological landscape.
- Explore the various components of the VMware vSphere environment while testing your new virtual management skills in your very own vSphere lab.
1. Basics of Virtualization
- What is virtualization?
- Understanding virtualization terms
- Advantages of virtualization
- Virtualization vs. cloud
- Introduction to VMware
- Different products of VMware
2. Lab Setup
- Lab design and prerequisites
- Download, install, and manage VMware Workstation
- Download ESXi and create a new VM
- Install and configure ESXi
3. vSphere ESXi Management
- Access ESXi through vSphere (web client)
- Access ESXi through SSH
- Create a new VM on vSphere environment
- Download and install OS on vSphere VM
4. Managing Virtual Machines
- Basic VM management
- Snapshot and cloning
- VM resouce management