Learners will be able to:
- Describe what a neural network is, what a deep learning model is, and the difference between them.
- Demonstrate an understanding of unsupervised deep learning models such as autoencoders and restricted Boltzmann machines.
- Demonstrate an understanding of supervised deep learning models such as convolutional neural networks and recurrent networks.
- Build deep learning models and networks using the Keras library. In this module, you will learn about exciting applications of deep learning and why now is the perfect time to learn deep learning.
- You will also learn about neural networks and how most of the deep learning algorithms are inspired by the way our brain functions and the neurons process data.
- You will learn about how neural networks feed data forward through the network.
- In this module, you will learn about the gradient descent algorithm and how variables are optimized with respect to a defined function.
- You will also learn about backpropagation and how neural networks learn and update their weights and biases.
- Futhermore, you will learn about the vanishing gradient problem.
- Finally, you will learn about activation functions.