In this course, you will learn :
- This course teaches human resource professionals how to set up and manage a payroll system. HR professional Gabriella Parente-Neubert discusses 13 of the most prevalent payroll concerns, including classifying workers, understanding exempt vs. nonexempt employees, preserving records, and adopting a payroll system.
- She also goes over details like paying sick and vacation time, understanding the role of benefits in compensation, and processing final wages due to termination.
- Be able to create a successful payroll system that ensures employees are paid appropriately and on time every time if you follow her advice.
1. Payroll Fundamentals
- The purpose of payroll and HR's role
- How to classify workers
- Exempt or nonexempt?
- Pay cycles and minimum wage
- Garnishments and payroll taxes
- Bonuses and commissions
2. Setting Up the Payroll Function for Success
- Picking a payroll system
- Record retention requirements
3. Payroll Compliance
- Sick and vacation time
- Employee benefits and fringe benefits
- Holiday pay
- Jury duty
- Final pay