In this course, you will :
- Explain how to properly listen to music.
- Describe the most common form in pop music – the verse and chorus.
- Distinguish between rhythm and melody.
- Differentiate between major and minor chords.
- Recognize the differences between tremolo, pizzicato, and vibrato.
- Define the term "tempo" in music.
- Explain the meaning of the term syncopation and how it is used in music.
- Recognize the differences between polyphony, monophony, and homophony.
1. Introduction to Music Theory
- Introduction to Music Theory
- Diagnostic Quiz
- Introduction to Instruments and Musical Genres
- Instruments and Acoustics
- Musical Notation
- Identifying Meters in Musical Excerpts
- Features of Rhythm
- Counting Measures and Musical Dictation