In this course, you will :
- Jennifer Harrison, President of TeachMeGIS and a consultant in the GIS field for nearly 30 years, demonstrates the value of using GIS to solve problems and guides you through its complexities in this course.
- Demonstrates how to make maps, stack layers, and assess spatial relationships.
- Describes attribute tables and how they are used in map display and analysis, as well as the essential elements of a GIS.
- goes over raster and lidar data and how they can be used to create a 3D model of real-world features She also discusses how to gather data and import it into GIS. goes over enterprise and mobile GIS versions
- After completing this course, you will be able to understand the fundamentals of GIS, recognise its key concepts, and get started with GIS programmes.
1. Understanding GIS
- Solving spatial problems
- Finding and accessing GIS
- Recreating the world on a map
- Specifying location
- Essential map comprehension
2. GIS Core Concepts
- More than digital maps
- Layers of data stacked together
- The data behind the map
- Images, surfaces, and raster layers
- LiDAR: Creating a 3D model
3. Geospatial Analysis
- Asking a map questions
- Evaluating spatial relationships
- Analysis with imagery and surfaces
4. Spatial Data Sources
- Spatial data is everywhere
- Creating your own GIS data
5. GIS as a Spatial Platform
- Enterprise-level GIS
- Mobile and web GIS