In this course, you will learn
- basic genetics, including: cells, DNA, chromosomes, meiosis, and mitosis.
- basic Mendelian genetics, including: homozygous, heterozygous, dominant, recessive, and sex-linked inheritance.
- how to create Punnet Squares and family pedigree charts.
- basic Non-Mendelian genetics, including: polygenic, pleiotropy, and mitochondrial inheritance.
- the history of evolutionary thought.
- microevolution, including: natural selection, mutation, gene flow, genetic drift, and founder effect.
- macroevolution, including: the concept of species, speciation, and the Hardy-Weinberg Equilibrium.