In this course, you will learn :
- The fundamentals of data modelling in Microsoft Excel.
- discusses the fundamentals of database design and normalisation in this course, the second in the Excel Business Intelligence series.
- walks you through the Excel data model interface and offers tried-and-true tips and tricks.
- This course's topics can help you improve your understanding of table relationships, hierarchies, and more.
1. Getting Started
- Important: Versions and compatibility
- Set expectations
2. Data Modeling 101
- Data modeling introduction
- Meet the Excel data model
- Data versus diagram view
- Database normalization
- Data tables versus lookup tables
- Relationships versus merged tables
- Create table relationships
- Modify table relationships
- Active versus inactive relationships
- Relationship cardinality
- Connect multiple data tables
- Filter direction
- Hide fields from client tools
- Define hierarchies
- Data model best practices