In this course, you will learn:
- Equability conditions for 2D and 3D force systems.
- Conditions of equilibrium for a solid body or a system of solid bodies.
- For systems of forces, there are equivalent transformation rules.
- How to take the laws of sliding and rolling friction into account.
- Methods for determining a body's centre of gravity.
1. Basic Concepts of Statics
- Mechanical system, force, a system of forces
- Properties of the simplest systems of forces
- Constraints and their reactions
- Moment of force
- Moment of the couple. Properties of couples.
2. Free Body Diagrams (FBD)
- Free body diagrams (FBD)
3. Basic Theorem of Statics
- Concurrent force system
- Resultant vector and resultant moment of the system of forces
- Reduction of the system of forces to the center
4. Equilibrium of a Solid Body Acted upon by a Coplanar Force System
- Equability of a coplanar force system
- Forms of equations for a solid body acted upon by a coplanar force system
5. Equilibrium of a Solid Body Acted upon by a Spatial Force System
- Equability of a spatial force system
- Forms of equations for a solid body acted upon by a spatial force system
6. Trusses (Frame Structures)
- Trusses (frame structures)
- Analysis of plane trusses with a method of joint isolation
- Analysis of plane trusses with a method of sections
- Equilibrium in the presence of sliding friction. (Amontons’ and Coulomb’s laws)
- Equilibrium in the presence of forces of rolling friction
8. Center of Gravity
- Center of parallel forces
- Solid-body center of gravity
- Ways of finding a center of gravity