In this course, you will learn:
- Modular design and abstraction are used to get an understanding of embedded systems.
- Programming in C takes into account both function and aesthetics.
- Switches, LEDs, resistors, potentiometers, and liquid crystal displays are used to build and test circuits.
- Switches, lights, sound, sensors, motors, and liquid crystal displays are used to synchronise hardware and software input/output.
- Learn how to use a finite state machine to solve issues.
- Oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and software instrumentation are used to debug.
- Learn to decipher a data sheet.
- Create a traffic signal controller.
- The best way to understand what you will learn in this class is to list the labs you will complete and the example projects we will build. You will complete each lab first in simulation and then on the real board. For each module we will design a system and you will build and test a similar system.