In this course, you will learn:
- Learn about drainage and its importance in agricultural water management.
- Explain the physical and agro-hydrological principles that underpin agricultural land drainage.
- Calculate drainage requirements using water and salt balances.
- Make a drainage criterion list.
- Make accurate drainage parameter estimates for drainage system design.
- Recognize the distinctions between steady-state and unsteady-state drainage methods.
- Recognize the importance of greater control in agricultural drainage management.
- Create a drainage system that allows you to have better operational control.
- The need for drainage, the drainage methods and the design approaches for agricultural drainage systems are introduced.
- Learn about the hydrological principles related to drainage and drainage design equations.
- The general aspects of drainage of saline and sodic soils.
- an introduction to the implementation and operation & maintenance of drainage systems.