In this course, you will :
- Identify the accounting principles and the role of accounting in sustainable business organizations.
- Prepare financial statements using spreadsheets and interpret its content in order to articulate its role in the decision making process for internal and external users.
- Measure and record balance sheet and income statement elements in organizations.
- Apply analytical tools such as Ratio Analysis and critical thinking techniques to specialized business problems.
- Examine the system of internal control applicable to major financial elements.
- Be able to get an "A" in your college or University Introductory Financial Accounting course..
- Be well prepared to take a more advanced accounting course..
- Be able to keep accounting records for a service company and a merchandise company..
- Know how to use excel in recording business transactions..
- Complete two case studies where you keep the accounting records - one for a service company and one for a merchandise company. Using excel you record journal entries, summarize in the ledger, take a trial balance, do adjusting entries and present an income statement and balance sheet for each company..