In this course, you will :
- Explain what a database is and how to model data.
- SQL queries are used to insert, select, update, and delete data from a database.
- Recognize the Object Relational Model (ORM).
- Build interactive web pages by incorporating Bootstrap into your Django template.
- Use Django to create database-driven applications.
- Create and publish your Django app to the cloud.
1. Introduction to Databases
- Introduction to Databases and Database Management Systems
- Relational Databases
- Relational Data Concepts
- Hands-on Lab: Entity-Relationship Data Modeling
- SELECT Statement
- Hands-on Lab: Simple SELECT Statements
- COUNT, DISTINCT, LIMIT
- INSERT Statement
- UPDATE and DELETE Statements
2. ORM: Bridging the Gap between the Real World and Relational Model
- Object-Relational Mapping (ORM)
- Django Model
- Django CRUD
- Related Objects
3. Full-stack Django Development
- Django Model-View-Template pattern
- Create a Django app
- Hands-on Lab: Create your first Django App
- Django Admin Site
- Django Views
- Django Templates
4. Consolidate and Deploy Your Django App
- Class-based and Generic Class Views
- Django Authentication System
- Bootstrap integration
- Manage Static Files
- Deploy your Django App on IBM Cloud