UNSW Sydney Art & Design and AMP Amplify, AMP's innovation and ideas programme, collaborated on the course. It brings together leading business and design thinking to help answer these questions, as well as investigates design strategies that businesses, employees, and designers can use to find new opportunities in a rapidly changing professional landscape.
In this course, you will learn :
- Recognise how the integration of design approaches are shaping technology and business practices, and how these changes bring immense possibility and uncertainty to the future of work
- Analyse important skills and attributes that designers, employees, and businesses need to be successful in a speculative, technologically enhanced future
- Understand the importance of unique human attributes in increasingly automated workplaces
- Evaluate challenging issues related to potential change in processes, people and automation that might impact the future of your own employment or business
1. What is the Future of Work?
- Welcome to Designing the Future of Work
- Graduate Certificate and Master of Visualisation, Simulation, and Immersive Design
- What Does the Future Hold?
- Imagining Futures
- Becoming More Competitive through a Focus on Customer Experience
- The Future of Work - via Amplify
- Can we Predict the Future of Business?
- The Pace of Change and Perception of Disruption.
- The Role of Ethics in a Digital Society - via Amplify
- The Ethics of Big Data.
- The Changing Context of Organisations.
- How is Work Being Disrupted?
- The Impacts of Disruption upon Businesses and Employees
- Using AI to Redesign Customers’ Connections to their Financial Future
- What Startups and Corporations can Learn from Each Other - via Amplify
- Investing in Customer Relations - via Amplify
- The Importance of Customer Experience in the New Economy.
- The Power and Potential of Crowd Sourcing and Co-Creation.
- Rethinking Investment in the Future of Work.
- Design the Future Business that will Destroy Your Current One.
2. The Importance of Being Human in a World of Automation
- The Importance of Being Human
- Human-Machine Relationships
- The Importance of the Human Connection in an Automated Service
- Will Robots or AI Threaten Jobs? Professor Nick Wailes
- What Can Humans do Better than Machines? - via Amplify
- Being Human in a World of Big Data, AI, and Automation. Dr. Norman Lewis - via Amplify
- Learning from Failure and Developing Perseverance - via Amplify
- The Importance of a Rewarding Career - via Amplify
- Skills For the Future Workplace - via Amplify
- Education in the Future Workplace - via Amplify
3. Designing the Future of Work
- Understanding Design Thinking
- The Importance of a Human-Centred Approach
- Evolving Business Practices through Design Thinking - via Amplify
- The Criticality of Design in Shaping the Future of Business.
- The Process of Service Design.
- Integrating Design into Work Practices
- Designing Your Own Work Future
- Designing the Goals 360 Service
- Redesigning The Bower for the Future.
- Using Design to Meet Challenges in Business.
- Advice for Designers Working within Businesses.
- Designing for the Future: Advice for Employers.