In this course, you will learn:
- Define and explain political science ideas.
- Connect the notions to their creators and, more broadly, the real-world phenomena they describe.
- On the basis of the knowledge gained, begin objective analyses of political phenomena.
1. What is political science?
- What does "political" mean?
- How does a fact become political?
- Is there politics in everything?
- The precursors of political science
- Political science as social science
2. The State
- What is the state?
- Where does the state structure come from?
- What is the state for?
- How is the state structure organized?
- The different typologies of political regimes
- At the origins of democracy
- Modern democracy
- The political engineering of democracy
- Communism and socialism
- Christian democracy
- Nationalism (s)
- Some other -isms
5. Political actors
- Groups of influence
- Political parties
- Who leads in our companies?
- How do you exercise power in politics?
- Is all power legitimate?
- Let's go into the field to meet actors from the political field