In this course, you will learn:
- Identify the concept of argument and its various applications in various spheres of life.
- Within the context of its usage in the dispute, define the concept, structure, and types of argumentation.
- When debating, mastering the subject, structure, and most effective retort kinds.
- Analyze and use a variety of discursive frameworks based on the situation.
1. Why debate?
- Success and failure through debate
- Key concept: debate
- Persuasion and debate
- Debate as sport
2. How to argue?
- Concept of argument
- Structure of an argument
- Truthfulness and relevance
- Comparative argument
3. How to rebut?
- Concept of rebuttal
- Structure of a rebuttal
- Types of refutation
- Refutation of fallacies
4. How to make a speech?
- Identification of good speech patterns
- Recommended speech structures
- Message frames and strategies
- Tips for improvising