In this course, you will :
- Explain the significance of audience and storey in the design of visual presentations.
- Recognize Gestalt principles in visual processing.
- Contrast and contrast headline formats.
- List general guidelines for using various chart types, colours, axes, and other formatting details.
- Recognize the significance and scientific basis for guiding principles in presentation design.
- Meeting today's critical communications challenges
- Focus using the KWYs
- Understanding visual perception
2. Visual Communication in 12 Easy Lessons
- Using the right data
- The power of story
- Headlines bring focus
- Picking the right chart
- Exploring chart options
- Simple tips and tools for using color in data visualization
- Tips for axes, labeling, and legends
- Setting scales in data visualization
- Some thoughts about tools
- Sketching and wireframing your data visualizations
- What about leave behinds?
3. In Practice
- Rethinking text-based slides
- Rethinking some charts
- The power of simplification: Convincing your bosses