In this course, you will :
- Explore how to use data analytics to make informed decisions, and develop core analytics skills that will prepare you for a career in business or data science.
- Learn the fundamentals of analytics, how data is typically captured, and how it affects the day-to-day operations of a business.
- It also introduces students to common analytics tools, as well as stories designed to give students an overview of careers that require strong analytical skills.
1. The Power of Data
- What is the value of data?
- The risk of leaning too much on data
- Combining data and intuition
2. Framework to Solve Problems with Data
- Introduction to the framework
- Define the problem
- Identify the key performance indicators
- Data governance
- Data analysis
- Using data to inform business decisions
3. Analytics Foundations
- Three stages of analysis
- Analyzing data with Excel
- The value of data visualization
- Data modeling
- The value of a dashboard
- Building an analytics infrastructure
4. Types of Data Sources
- Data source map
- Internal vs. external data sources
- Sales data
- Marketing data
- Cost data
- Psychographic data
- Competitive intelligence