In this course, you will :
- Explore the world of lettering and the various applications for it. Learn how to make a mood board and use it to inspire your lettering sketches.
- Transfer your ideas from paper to Procreate and become acquainted with the app. Experiment with the digital tools in Procreate, as well as how to work with layers and centre your sketch.
- Learn the value of precise sketching and how to create your first layer in Procreate. Using a digital pencil, refine your rough sketch into a polished work of art.
- Using your mood board as a guide, choose your colour palette, then add shadows to create depth and suggest light. Jimbo explains the differences between brush types and when to use each one.
- Experiment with colour, tones, and shadow to make different versions of your letters and learn how each affects the final design.
- See how Jimbo combines each course step to create a detailed finished product that is ready to be shared online.
1. Let’s Talk About Lettering
- Introduction to Lettering
- Mood Board
- Selection and Sketching
- Transfer from Paper to Procreate
2. Let’s Get the Sketches Rolling
- Start Working in Our Main Sketch
- Deciding the Color Palettes
- Texture Brushes Explanation
3. Adding More Details to Your Sketch
- Teaching Letter Style: B 1
- Teaching Letter Style: B 2
- Teaching Letter Style: L
- Teaching Letter Style: U
- Teaching Letter Style: E
- Teaching Letter Style: S
4. Wrapping It up and Sharing It With the World
- Adding Extra Elements to Our Lettering Composition
- Extra Light and Texture
- Final Additional Touches: How to Export and Share