In this course, you will :
- Discusses why cookbooks should be written, the various types available, and the factors to consider when writing one, such as market research, photography, and recipe testing.
- Sumayya takes you through the various steps of creating a cookbook, so you can delve deeper into the main elements of one.
- Learn how to develop a theme for your book as well as how to divide and organise the chapters. Consider creating enough material to pitch your cookbook to a publisher, as well as how to put together a proposal.
- Explore the worlds of storytelling and recipe writing. Using Sumayya's real-life memories as a guide, learn how to incorporate narrative into the introduction of a chapter.
- Learn how to write a story about a recipe, including how to incorporate personal experience and how to inspire readers to cook.
- Sumayya then explains how to write a simple recipe before moving on to your two-step recipe. She then shows you how to finish your cookbook, including acknowledgements and credits if applicable to your work.
1. Ingredients of a Cookbook
- Why and How to Start a Cookbook
- Breaking Down the Chapters
- Structure Needed for a Pitch
2. Creating the Narrative for Your Cookbook
- The Beginning of a Chapter
- The Story Surrounding the Recipe
- Writing a Simple Recipe
- Writing a Two-Step Recipe
- The Conclusion
3. Taking Your Cookbook to the Next Stage
- Pitching Your Book to a Publisher
- Tips for Self-Publishing