In this course you wiil learn:
- Introduction to the Linux operating system and its many distributions.
- Setup your very own Linux virtual machine on your own computer and explore it.
- Learn how the filesystem is organized and identify key files.
- Execute administrative tasks, update the software on your system, install new software, and manage users.
- Learn how to implement even stronger authentication mechanisms, and how to interpret Linux file permissions.
- Configure a firewall to keep your system secure.
- Transform your secure and safe barebones server into a fully functional web application server.
- Install and configure an Apache HTTP Server and PostgreSQL database server.
- Write a basic Python WSGI application that can query a database and present that data upon a web request.