At the end of this short course youll have programmed your first game. Youll learn gameplay development fundamentals by really doing it – writing and running real code on your own machine.Each step of the course has the source code attached exactly as it should look at that time (click "View Resources" then "Downloadable Resources"), for you to compare to or pick up from, so you cant get stuck!Begin Your Game Programming Journey the Proven Way"Make the simplest game possible." "Program a ball and paddle project." "Practice by first remaking something from the 1970s." All beginning developers hear this advice from more experienced peers... because it works!By following this approach you will:
- Learn design from a fun classic that people know and enjoy.
- Start your practice today – now! – without waiting for an idea.
- Finish your game in hours or in a weekend, not over months.
- Understand every line of code used in the entire program.
- Avoid distraction from searching for or creating detailed art.
- Master fundamentals needed to make your own games better.