In this course, you will learn
- How organizations create, capture, and maintain value
- How it is fundamental for sustainable competitive advantage.
- To better understand value creation and capture, and learn the tools to analyze both competition and cooperation from a variety of perspectives, including the industry level (e.g., five forces analysis), and the firm level (e.g., business models and strategic positioning).
- How managers coordinate different functional areas, resources, and systems inside a company and align them with the external environment to enhance overall performance.Knowledge of strategic management tools and frameworks, and apply them to real business contexts Process diverse business and industry information to diagnose strategic issues, evaluate strategic alternatives, and formulate a coherent and actionable strategic plan
- How to think like a CEO, entrepreneur, or general manager. This course is part of the iMBA offered by the University of Illinois, a flexible, fully-accredited online MBA at an incredibly competitive price. For more information, please see the Resource page in this course and onlinemba.illinois.edu.