In this course, you will learn:
- Assess your strategic environment, both now and in the future.
- Determine how organisational effectiveness differs from strategic positioning.
- Map out your company's main and supporting activities, as well as how they intersect.
- Identify organisational roadblocks to strategy implementation and change.
- Participate in a successful strategic planning process.
1. Analyze your firm’s internal fit
- What is strategy?
- The difference between organizational effectiveness and strategy
- The importance of tradeoffs
- The value chain
- Interactions among strategic choices
- Mapping your firm’s activity system
2. Analyze your firm’s external fit
- The concept of “value”
- Industry analysis
- Willingness-to-pay and cost drivers for different customer segments
- Your value proposition
- Strategic Positioning
3. Maintaining your firm’s dynamic fit
- The origins of your firm’s strategy
- Drivers of strategy evolution
- Barriers to organizational change (perception, knowledge, motivation, and coordination challenges)
- Disruptive technological changes
4. Creating new strategies and initiatives
- Creating new strategic possibilities
- Identifying conditions for success for each possibility
- Designing empirical tests
- Selecting strategic possibilities
- Important shifts in mindsets