Technology, products, and processes are only part of the picture when it comes to innovation. The new competitive landscape necessitates a more comprehensive and strategic approach based on the concept of business models.
Laurence Lehmann-Ortega and Hélène Musikas created this highly innovative approach, which has proven to be a very valuable methodology for start-up entrepreneurs, business unit managers, and intrapreneurs alike. It provides a practical and highly effective framework and toolbox for developing, inventing, or reinventing business models in a disciplined manner.
In this course, you will learn :
- Define a business model and why it allows you to approach innovation and strategy from a completely new perspective.
- Recognize the three components of the business model and how they are related.
- Utilize the 14 directions toolbox to stimulate your creativity.
- Using the Odyssey 3.14 approach, analyse existing business models, create new ones, or adapt existing ones.
1. Introduction to business model inoovation
- What is innovation?
- Learning methods and outcomes
- The 3 components of a business model
- Business model vs. strategy
- Other business model frameworks
2. The three components of a business model
- Introduction and client
- VP: price and perceived value
- VP: detailed examples of game changing VP
- The value curve
- The value curve in practice
- The value chain
- The extended value chain
- Distinctive resources and competencies
- Profit equation overview
- Profit equation details
3. Seven directions for the value proposition
- Introduction to the 14 directions
- Reduce client price
- Reduce clients' hassle
- Look for non-clients
- Introduce more functionality or more emotion
- Search other segments or industries
- Introduce a third party
- Modify the revenue stream
4. Seven Directions for the value architecture
- Introduce technology
- Modify one or several steps in the value chain
- Eliminate or add a step in the value chain
- Leverage strategic resources
- Associate with competitors
- Identify supplementors
- Find new resources
5. It's your turn to apply the odyssey 3.14 approach
- Applying the Odyssey 3.14 approach
- Trends in business models