In this course, you will learn :
- Consider and evaluate your teaching journey thus far.
- Learn about a variety of teaching and learning principles.
- Compare and contrast teaching and learning principles before developing your own teaching philosophy.
- Determine the essential musical skills that must be taught, taking into account their interdependence.
- Evaluate your own instrumental technique and how you teach technique to your students.
- Investigate the sources of motivation and how they relate to progress.
- Understand the role of assessment in the progression process.
- Evaluate your own teaching practise in light of professional values and practises.
- Create a broad, individual learning plan for students that includes short-term goals.
- Engage with other teachers and contribute to professional development discussions.