In this course, you will :
- provides an overview of serverless applications and Kinesis.
- Learn how to create an event-driven application, how to integrate AWS Lambda and Kinesis streams, and how to configure the required permissions.
- Learn how to use CloudFormation, API Gateway, SES, SNS, and SQS, among other things.
1. Get Started with Serverless
- What is a serverless application?
- Backend as a service (BaaS)
- Functions as a service (FaaS)
- AWS Lambda basic concepts
- Serverless Framework 101
- Why is infrastructure as code so important?
- What we are going to build
2. Get Started with Kinesis
- Kinesis introduction
- Designing an event-driven application
- Create stream with CloudFormation
- Create an order
- Setting up DynamoDB and saving into the table
- Send a message to the stream using AWS SDK
- Setting up all the permissions
- Deploying and testing
3. SNS, SQS, and Kinesis
- AWS Lambda and Kinesis streams
- Trigger a new Lambda
- Configure SES
- Send an SES message
- Test out SES Message
4. Lifecycle of a Message in the Stream
- What is the difference between SNS, SQS, and Kinesis?
- Create a queue with CloudFormation
- Send a message to SQS
- Trigger a Lambda with a new SQS message