In this course, you will :
- Discover some of AWS's most recent innovations, such as Serverless applications and application monitoring.
- Learn how to architect applications correctly using technologies like Lambda, API Gateway, and Kinesis to create a true Serverless application.
- Discover a new monitoring technology developed in AWS X-Ray that allows you to monitor all types of AWS applications.
- Learn how to set up monitoring for AWS applications using X-Ray and CloudWatch alarms.
- When you finish this course, you will understand how to create Serverless applications in AWS and how to use X-Ray to monitor any type of application.
1. Building the Foundations of Serverless Architecture in AWS
- Introduction and Course Structure
- What Is Serverless?
- Architecting a Serverless Application
- The Serverless Framework
- Trash Panda Buffet
2. Going Serverless in AWS with Lambda
- Deploying the Demo Application
- Creating Lambda Functions
- Securing Permissions in Lambda
- Securing Credentials in Lambda
- Stability with Lambda
- Performance and Concurrency with Lambda
- The Serverless Application Model
3. Sourcing Serverless Events in AWS with API Gateway and Kinesis
- Serverless Architecture and VPC
- Configuring VPC Endpoints for Serverless Applications
- Lambda Event Sources in AWS
- Configuring API Gateway
- API Gateway Security
- Push and Pull Event Source Types
- Consuming Records from Kinesis Streams
4. Monitoring Applications in AWS with X-Ray and CloudWatch
- How X-Ray Works
- Tracing in AWS X-Ray
- Monitoring Serverless Applications with X-Ray
- Monitoring Serverless Applications with CloudWatch
- Removing Demo Application Resources