In this course, you will learn :
- Groovy Fundamentals allows you to learn the language from the ground up.
- Learn how Groovy interacts with Jenkins.
- Learn how to use a step-by-step playbook of Groovy scripts to automate your Jenkins work.
- After completing this course, you will have the skills and knowledge of Groovy required to automate Jenkins and take your build operations to the next level.
1. Groovy Fundamentals, Briefly
- The Groovy Console
- Data Types
- Control Structures
- Working with Classes and Objects
- Working with External Packages
2. Working with Jenkins and Groovy Together
- How Jenkins and Groovy Work Together
- Understanding System and Standard Groovy Steps
- Script Types Wrap-Up
- Executing Groovy Scripts on Startup
- Working with Exceptions in Groovy
- Grabbing External Libraries
2. Creating Builds with Groovy
- The Problem with Builds
- Making Our Jenkinsfile Do Some Real Work
- A Useful Comparison
3. Working with Shared Libraries and Plug-ins
- Reusing Groovy Code in Jenkins
- How Groovy Is Executed
- Getting Our Changes into Our ReleaseNotes
- Shared Pipelines
- Working with Plug-ins
- A Plug-in Script Pattern
4. Managing Users and Credentials
- Working with Credentials and Users
- Working with Credentials
- Creating Credentials in Script