In this course, you will learn:
- We will discuss the qualities of astronomy as a science in this online course. Also, there's the history of this field.
- Learn about light, stars, and various celestial bodies, as well as the best ways to see them.
- The evolution of astronomy science in Argentina.
- The most fascinating topics are arguably cosmology (the study of the entire universe) and the evolution of stars, particularly those that finish their lives as black holes.
- Light, a basic tool of Astronomy. The information that light carries. Dual nature of light.
- Planetary systems: our solar system and other systems. Description of the components of the solar system. Extrasolar planets. Detection forms.
- The stars, main sources of light and information about the cosmos. Notions of stellar evolution. Structure and internal dynamics of stars
- Galaxies, those islands of light. "Discovery" of galaxies. Components of galaxies, internal structure, movements.
- The Universe as a whole. Notions of thermal history of the Universe, possible future scenarios. The dark matter hypothesis. Accelerated expansion of the Universe.
- Telescopes. Criteria and advice on the most appropriate use of the different types of telescopes, according to the observations to be made.