In this course, you will learn :
How to design and build an app using the Architecture Components Room, ViewModel, and LiveData, and how to create an app that does the following:
- Implements our recommended architecture using the Android Architecture Components.
- Works with a database to get and save the data, and pre-populates the database with some words.
- Displays all the words in a RecyclerView in MainActivity.
- Opens a second activity when the user taps the + button. When the user enters a word, adds the word to the database and the list.
- Using the Architecture Components
- Create your app
- Update Gradle files
- Create an entity
- Create the DAO
- The LiveData class
- Add a Room database
- Create the Repository
- Create the ViewModel
- Add XML layout
- Add a RecyclerView
- Populate the database
- Add NewWordActivity
- Connect with the data