Kotlin will overtake Java for Android app development. Improve career options with Android Studio. In this course:
- You will discover the power of Android app development, and obtain the skills to dramatically increase your career prospects as a software developer.
- You’ll also have a head start over other developers using obsolete tools and earlier versions of Android.
- You’re taught to write code for the latest version of Android Oreo with a strong focus on AppCompat. That way, the apps you build will also support older versions of Android.
- Your skill level is maximized so your app reaches more users, which means more downloads, which means more money.
This is what you get as the perks of joining this course:
- Develop apps for the very latest version of Android 8 Oreo that also work on older Android devices running older versions of the Android operating system.
- Download, install and configure the necessary (free) software.
- Create your first app.
- Build a range of apps demonstrating key aspects of the Android framework.
- Test your apps on emulators or a real Android phone or tablet.
- You’ll learn Kotlin programming because Google have just recently added support for Kotlin to Android app development. Included are Kotlin tutorial videos that will get you up to speed fast.
- Ensure your apps work with current and older Android versions on phones and tablets.
- Use Android studio 3, the newest version of Google’s premier Android tool.
- Learn how to use databases, web services, and even get your apps to speak!
- Understand the all new Constraint layout, for “drag and drop” screen creation.
- Use powerful libraries of code to play videos, download website data, manipulate images