This course will help you begin to critically examine your own ideas about education, teaching, and learning. Through engagement with theories and ideas developed through educational research, the critique will be developed. You will be encouraged to use these ideas to either challenge or support your own educational beliefs.
1. How do we learn?
- Clare's introduction to What future for education?
- How do we learn?
2. What is intelligence and does it matter?
- What is intelligence?
3. What makes a good teacher?
- What makes a good teacher?
4. Can schools make a difference?
- What makes a good school?
5. Why do governments fund education?
- What are governments' priorities for education?
6. What future for education?