In this course, you will :
- Explore how artificial intelligence, cloud computing, and data science can aid in sustainability efforts.
- We start by defining some common terms, such as carbon footprint, carbon offsets, carbon neutral, and carbon negative.
- It discusses the GHG protocol and how a company can begin to estimate their various scopes of emissions.
- We then look at the types of sustainability goals and indicators that most organisations are beginning to focus on, before delving into specific technologies like cloud computing and AI, with several real-world examples of how they're being successfully used to advance sustainability goals—as well as discussing some challenges, such as the energy consumption of AI models and technologies like NFTs.
1. Sustainability & Technology: Executive Briefing
- Emissions Scope
- Dates, Numbers and Agreements
- Sustainability in Cloud Computing
- AI Applications and Issues
- Sources of Data
- Technology Challenges