In this course, you will learn:
- How to make sales forecasts and analyse them.
- How to organise and improve your inventory management system.
- How to think about and make decisions about product assortment.
- How to find the most competitive rates for your goods.
1. Demand Forecasting
- Introduction to Forecasting
- Forecasting With History
- Forecasting Without History
- Measuring Uncertainty
- Forecasting Aggregation and Lead Time
- Common Pitfalls in Forecasting
2. Inventory Management
- Retailers as Inventory Managers
- Drivers and Cost of Inventory
- Balancing Ordering and Holding Costs
- Selling Under Uncertainty: The Newsvendor Model
- Safety Inventories
3. Assortment Planning
- Introduction to Assortment Planning
- Breath and Basket Effect
- Depth and Category Management
- Variety Trade-Offs
- Customer's Assortment Perception
4. Pricing Decisions
- Introduction to Pricing Decisions
- Setting Retail Prices
- The Right Price
- Promotions and Discounts
- Price Perception