This course covers the fundamentals of deep renovation in residential buildings, though some modules are applicable to any type of building. The student will understand energy efficiency in buildings and how to complete a deep renovation project using passive and active technologies.
This course aims to educate and train a new generation of skilled practitioners for a sustainable built environment. It welcomes students from any built environment discipline, as well as professionals from the construction industry as a whole (designers, engineers, architects, developers, contractors, facility managers).
- Towards 2050 Carbon Neutrality: the role of energy efficiency in buildings
- Building envelope: prefabricated multifunctional façade
- Building performance calculation and data analysis: definition, procedure, data flow and results representation and analysis
- Deep renovation process: supporting decision
- Integration of renewables: early design methodology for renewables
- Lessons learnt from case studies