In this course, you will :
- Dive into music-making by defining what a melody is and looking at famous melodies from the film industry.
- Discover how melodies work and how to create one in Ableton Live.
- Discover the fundamentals of music by learning about rhythm, harmony, and melody.
- It's time to start making your own music. The first step is to come up with a song concept. Jonah walks you through the two focal points when composing a piece of music to accompany a film: theme and structure.
- After you've developed your concept, learn how to record a melody and add layers before performing an initial sync with the film.
- Learn about vertical integration, effects, and the final sync to delve deeper into music composition.
- Investigate Ableton Live's mixing, plugin, and mastering tools to make your final piece sound more cohesive.
- Learn how to export your work correctly. Jonah shares his advice and experience dealing with director feedback and how to resolve issues accordingly. Finish the course by learning why it is important to register your work and how to do so.
1. What Makes a Melody?
- How Does Melody Work
- Playing a Melody in Ableton
- Rhythm, Harmony and Melody
2. Recording Your Music
- How to Create an Idea
- Film Music and Structure
- Recording a Melody
- Adding Layers
- Vertical Integration
- Effects and Final Sync
3. Finishing Your Piece
- Exporting the Project
- Registering Your Work