In this course, you will :
- Understand what cognitive biases are and why they're so important for critical thinking..
- Understand the concept of "mindware" as a component of improving critical thinking and reasoning..
- Understand how ignoring cognitive biases can open the door to disastrous decisions, reduced performance and social injustice..
- Understand why many businesses and industries are offering cognitive bias training to their managers and employees..
- Be able to describe several important cognitive biases -- such as confirmation bias, pattern-seeking, anchoring, and hindsight bias -- and give examples that illustrate how they operate..
- Understand what "debiasing" is, and be able to describe several effective strategies for reducing the harmful effects of cognitive biases..
- Explain why many businesses and organizations resist implementing debiasing strategies..