Mandarin Chinese 3: Chinese for Beginners is a Mandarin Chinese beginner's course that follows Mandarin Chinese 2: Chinese for Beginners. It employs lectures, short plays, interactive exercises, and cultural tips to assist students in developing a fundamental ability in oral Chinese in real-life situations. The learners will have achieved the following proficiency by the end of the 5-lesson course:
- 500 words
- 60 language points and
- 15 real-life situations.
The prerequisite is completion of "Learn Mandarin Chinese 2: Chinese for Beginners" or attendance of at least 30 hours of Chinese courses of any kind.
1. Wǒ xiǎnɡ jiè jǐ běn Hànyǔ shū 我想借几本汉语书 I want to borrow some Chinese books
- Nǐ huì shuō Zhōnɡwén mɑ？ 你会说中文吗？Can you speak Chinese?
2. Wǒ xiǎnɡ jiè jǐ běn Hànyǔ shū 我想借几本汉语书 I want to borrow some Chinese books
3. Wǒ xiǎnɡ huàn Rénmínbì 我想换人民币 I would like to exchange for RMB
4. Wǒ yào bàn yì zhānɡ xīn kǎ 我要办一张新卡 I need to get a new card
5. Qǐnɡ bǎ zhuōzi shōushi yíxiàr 请把桌子收拾一下儿 Please clear the table
6. Mínɡtiān shì Jiékè de shēnɡrì 明天是杰克的生日 Tomorrow is Jack’s birthday
7. Wǒ xiǎnɡ qù lǚyóu 我想去旅游 I want to take a trip
8. Wǒ méi qù ɡuò Běijīnɡ 我没去过北京 I haven't been to Beijing
9. Wǒ xiǎnɡ dìnɡ yì zhānɡ jīpiào 我想订一张机票 I want to book a flight ticket
10. Wǒ yào bànlǐ dēnɡjīpái 我要办理登机牌 I would like to get a boarding pass