In this course, you will learn:
- It takes care of all the heavy lifting: code, web hosting, even layout.
- You can concentrate on the fun stuff: branding and content.
- How to use Wix to design and visually develop a responsive small-business website, in this training course with Jen Kramer.
- How to set up a brand-new site, edit the layout and design, and build pages with original content and images.
- How to add advanced features like video and chat and publish your site so that it looks great on any device.
- If you've been intimidated by other web tools, you're in the right place. With Wix and Jen's tips, you can create a simple website that's easy to maintain and will grow alongside your business.
- Simple codeless website creation with Wix
1. Creating the Initial Site
- Sign up and log in
- Creating a new site and navigating the wizard
- Choosing a site design, including theme and fonts
- Modifying the color palette and color mode
- Previewing the site on desktop and mobile
2. Editing Page Content
- Modifying the header layout and style
- Editing the banner graphic, text, and layout
- Creating rotating images in a full-width slideshow
- Adding, rearranging, and removing sections
- Adding and modifying the "Our Cakes" feature section
- Adding and modifying the "About" section layout, image, and content
- Adding and modifying the "Opening Hours" section
- Modifying the "Contact" section
- Adjusting social media links in the footer
- Getting rid of the "Created by Wix" site credit
3. Advanced Features
- Making a section into a page
- Adding a new page
- Adding a video
- Understanding apps: Chat, Store, Blog, Bookings
4. Finishing Up
- Check and modify the mobile site layout
- Publish the site using a Wix.com domain
- Understanding the site dashboard