In this course, you will learn:
- How to set up a webpack-dev-server to serve and reload files in real time as you make changes.
- How to install webpack, run a build, and edit the config file
- How to use loaders to run tasks and process files such as CSS, Sass, and inline images
- Code Splitting with webpack
- What you should already know
- Using the exercise files
- What is webpack?
- Installing webpack
- Running a webpack build
- Understanding the webpack.config file
2. webpack Loaders
- What is a loader?
- Setting up babel-loader for a React or ES6 project
- Using presets
- Setting up coffee-loader for CoffeeScript projects
3. webpack & CSS
- Why load CSS with webpack?
- Transpiling Sass with webpack
- Loading images with webpack
4. Code Splitting with webpack
- What is code splitting?
- Adding multiple entry points
- Using the commons chunk bundle
- Bundling vendor files
- What is the webpack-dev-server?
- Setting up the webpack-dev-server