In this course, you will learn :
- How to write queries to read, update, and delete documents.
- How to create documents to store data.
- How to organise documents in collections, and how to write queries to read, update, and delete documents Instructor Justin Jenkins also demonstrates how to properly index data in MongoDB to improve performance.
- How MongoDB can be integrated with applications written in Python, Node.js, and PHP.
1. Getting Started
- Why MongoDB?
- Install MongoDB on Windows and import data
- Install MongoDB on macOS and import data
2. Documents and Collections
- Create a document
- Using .find() to query documents
- What can we store in a document?
- Challenge: Create a recipe document
- Solution: How to create a recipe document
- Sort, limit, and skip
- Working with operators and arrays
- Updating documents
- Updating arrays
- Deleting documents
- Challenge: Write a query
- Solution: How to write a query
4. Data and Schema Modeling
- How we need to think differently
- Basic indexes
- How to use GridFS to store files
- Challenge: Avoiding joins
- Solution: Avoiding joins
5. Coding with MongoDB
6. Server Administration
- MongoDB config file
- Authentication and authorization