In this course, you will :
- Examine how repeated samples from a population can differ.
- Get the tools and knowledge you need to run a full hypothesis test.
- Learning about hypothesis testing with a new example and the same randomization test structure.
- The emphasis will be on different types of errors (type I and type II), how they are made, when one is worse than the other, and how factors such as sample size and effect size affect error rates.
- Introduction to ideas of inference
- Completing a randomization test: gender discrimination
- Hypothesis testing errors: opportunity cost
- Confidence intervals