In this course, you will learn :
- Combine and apply psychological knowledge about detecting deception.
- Create and evaluate an interview strategy.
- When conducting suspect interviews, use a rapport-building psychological model.
- Look into false confessions.
- In investigations, identify potential forms of cognitive bias.
- Use a simulated case study to apply psychological research.
1. Introduction to the case
- Witness interviews.
- Psychological theories and research on detecting deception.
2. Suspect interviews and establishing rapport
- Psychology behind police suspect interviews.
- Examples of difficult conversations.
- Rapport and respectful communication.
- Impact and dangers of interviewing techniques.
- Prioritising lines of enquiry.
4. Conclusion to the case
- Evidence and truthfulness in interviews.
- Closing the case.