in this course, you will :
- Develop a thorough understanding of the main sources of international migration law.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of international refugee and asylum seeker protection systems.
- Use a critical understanding of the major international treaties pertaining to migration.
- Assess the political discourses surrounding contemporary international migration.
- Classify the complex legal and comparative materials in order to develop a complex legal argument about state practise.
- Determine the role of the law in contemporary global migration patterns.
- Recognize the shortcomings of the law in providing protection in the context of modern migration patterns.
- Law and the Framing of Migrants and Migration
- Freedom of Movement, Refugees, Traffickers, and Smugglers
- Law's Absence and Law's Failings