In this course, you will :
- Calculate and interprets elasticities.
- Determine and interpret breakeven and shutdown points of production.
- Understand the characteristics and pricing strategy of perfect competition, monopolistic competition, oligopoly, and pure monopoly.
- Calculate and explain GDP using expenditure and income approaches.
- Explain movements in aggregate demand and supply curves.
- Understand the theories of the business cycle.
- Explain inflation, hyperinflation, disinflation, and deflation.
- Distinguish between cost-push and demand-pull inflation.
- Understand and describe tools for monetary and fiscal policy.
- Describe roles, objectives and desirable qualities of central banks.
- Compare GDP vs GNP.
- Describe the balance of payments accounts including their components.
- Calculate and interpret currency cross-rates.
- Explain the arbitrage relationship between currency spot rates, forward rates, and interest rates.