In this course, you will :
- Learn how to use SpecFlow and Appium for behavior-driven development testing.
- Learn about the philosophy of BDD, its various phases, and how they fit into the software development lifecycle.
- Explore each phase and create a test project along the way.
- Explore scenarios and put them into action with SpecFlow and Appium.
- Learn when it's appropriate to use BDD and when it's best to avoid it.
- You will understand BDD and how to use SpecFlow with Appium to automate your testing scenarios and create living documentation.
1. Introducing BDD
- What Is BDD?
- Exploring Phases of BDD
- Discovery Phase
- Formulation Phase
- Automation Phase
2. Getting Started with Appium and SpecFlow
- Introducing Appium and SpecFlow
- Introducing the Demo Application
- Running the Demo Application
- Installing Appium Desktop
- Creating Appium with SpecFlow Project
- Adding Configuration to the Project
- Handling Appium Driver Instance
- Introducing Feature Files and Formulating a Scenario Using Gherkin
- Automating a Scenario on iOS
- Automating a Scenario on Android
3. Exploring Capabilities of SpecFlow through Test Automation with Appium
- Exploring Step Definition and Parameter Matching
- Exploring Scoped Bindings
- Introducing Hooks
- Understanding Scenario Backgrounds
- Using Data Tables and Doc Strings
- Introducing Scenario Outlines
- Passing Data between Steps
- Using SpecFlow Context Objects
- Implementing Context Injection
- Generating Living Documentation